Mmmmmmmm…..Oh! Hello. I was dreaming of eating this bowl of Teriyaki Chicken. Tender, stir-fried chicken, crunchy veggies, and a to-die-for homemade teriyaki sauce all on top of a scoop of brown rice. Pass the chopsticks please!!
3 T. low sodium soy sauce
1 T. honey
1 T. brown sugar
2 tsp. corn starch
2 chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces or thin strips and lightly coated with corn starch
2 cups assorted vegetables (I used carrots, celery, and onion, but you could add broccoli or red bell pepper instead)
1 T. freshly minced ginger (if you don’t have fresh ginger mix 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger into the sauce)
2 cloves garlic minced
3 cups cooked brown rice
Peanut or canola oil
1. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, and corn starch. Whisk together and set aside.
2. Heat a large wok or skillet on the stove. Add just enough oil to lightly coat the wok (about 2 tsp.-1 tbsp).
3. Saute chicken in the wok until completely cooked. Remove and place on paper towel to absorb any excess grease.
4. Transfer the freshly minced garlic, ginger, and vegetables to the wok and saute for about 1 minute.
5. Transfer chicken back to the wok and saute until hot. Add the soy sauce mixture and cook to thicken, about 1 or 2 minutes.
6. Serve over brown rice.
Source: Chef Bryan Woolley