I love eggs. Unfortunately I am the only person in my family who does. But I found this great recipe and couldn’t resist making them. Then I made them again and again and… you get the picture.
The original recipe called for 6 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled but I try to go meatless at breakfast so I’ve substituted either diced peppers and onions or diced mushrooms and onions. Delicious either way, although I can see how bacon or sausage would be awesome.
Scrambled Egg Cups
3 Tbsp milk
1/2 to 1 cup diced veggies or meat
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese + additional for topping
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-count muffin tin with cooking spray. (Be sure to spray it on thick; those eggs like to stick.)
2. Whisk together the eggs and milk.
3. Stir in the cheese and veggies.
4. Pour into the greased muffin tin. (I used a soup ladle.)
5. Sprinkle additional cheese on top of each egg cup.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Since I’m the only one eating them I tried to freeze them. Unsuccessful. Don’t even try it. Just trust me. However, they do keep well in the refrigerator, so I make a batch on Saturday or Sunday morning and have a couple every day for the week.