3 large chicken breasts, on the bone and with skin
3 cups chicken stock (this will remain after chicken has been boiled)
2 cups sifted, all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil chicken in a large pot.
2. When chicken is almost tender, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Combine milk and oil; add to dry ingredients; stir just until moisten.
4. When chicken is fully cooked, discard all bones and skin. Coarsely chop the white meat in to 1-2 inch pieces. Set aside.
5. Place chicken back in your large pot. Allow only enough chicken stock in the pot to just cover the chicken pieces.
6. Return chicken and stock to a boil.
7. Use a large spoon to drop batter into the pot. For best results, drop batter directly on to chicken, not into the liquid.
8. Cover tightly and reduce heat to a simmer.
9. Allow dumplings to steam for 12 minutes.