I can probably count on one hand just how many school luches I actually consumed. I was convinced that they were all “icky!” I can even remember how terrible the cafeteria smelled on salisbury steak day. Now that I’m a grown-up, I have decided to give certain foods another try. I found this recipe while searching through food blogs one day and after reading over the list of ingredients, I figured I was brave enough to give it a try. I was completely surprised that it was actually good, very good!
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 package Lipton’s Onion Soup mix
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 package brown gravy mix, plus the required amount of water called for on the back
1/2 cup sour cream
1, 8 oz. package fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1. Mix together ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and egg. Shape into 5 patties.
2. Fry patties in a skillet until brown, about 10 minutes on each side.
3. While the patties are cooking, mix together the dry gravy mix, water and sour cream.
4. Spray a 9×9 inch baking dish (or whatever you may have that’s about that size) with nonstick spray and arrange patties in a pan.
5. Cover patties with gravy mixture and sliced mushrooms.
6. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, turning patties halfway through.
* These are best served with rice or mashed potatoes.
Source: Mommy’s Kitchen
I tried this recipe last night and it was delish! So glad to have another new recipe that will become a regular in the Robinson house!!
Anne, two of my favorite onion soup mix recipes are: Onion Roasted Potatoes (which should be on the box or envelope of the Lipton brand) and the crockpot roast beef recipe I use. Chuck roast, envelope of onion soup mix all over the roast then a can of Cream of Mushroom soup –or golden mushroom–on top of that. Cook on high 4-6 hours and oh my gosh your house will smell so good when you get home from church!
Just today I was thinking, "I need to find some onion soup mix recipes. I have all these boxes I need to get rid of!" I'll be getting these ingredients this weekend. THANKS!! 🙂