This is a new recipe for our family, and was also an instant favorite! I found this one on Allrecipes.com where it earned nearly 5 stars by 325 reviewers. The original recipe title was Easy Roasted Pork, but I felt the flavors were bold enough to earn a place in the title. It’s a sweet one! (Also, this recipe was specifically made in a Reynolds oven bag, as written, but a roaster, dutch oven or even a slow cooker could work successfully!)
2-3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
1/4 c water
1/2 c packed light brown sugar*
1/4 c cinnamon applesauce
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
Reynolds Oven Bag (Lg.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Open the Oven bag and spoon in the flour. Shake vigorously to coat the bag. Place the bag into your baking dish.
- Place the pork roast inside the oven bag and pour water around the roast.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, applesauce, and ground ginger. Pour the mixture over the roast.
- Following the instructions for the Oven Bag, use the nylon tie to close the bag and tuck the ends of the bag into the pan.
- Cut six 1/2″ slits in the top of the bag for steam to escape.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours or until internal temp. has reached 160 degrees f.