This is a recipe you can make and freeze and cook at a later time. These were yummy but I think I would cover them with foil when baking and/or add some sauce to make them juicier.
12-16 jumbo pasta shells
water for boiling pasta
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. freshly grated parmesan or asiago cheese + 1/4 c. for topping
3 T. prepared pesto (homemade or store bought)
2 c. shredded cooked chicken
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot over high heat, boil water and prepare pasta shells as directed on package, cook pasta shells only until al dente. The pasta will finish cooking when the dish is baked. Drain the pasta shells and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, except the 1/4 c. of cheese for the topping. Fill the pasta shells with the filling and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 c. of cheese over filled shells.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake shells uncovered for 30 minutes or until shells are bubbling hot and cheese melts.
To make ahead/freezer meals:
1. Prepare as directed but place filled shells in an oven and freezer proof baking dish. Top with remaining 1/4 c. of cheese over filled shells. Cover and freeze.
2. When ready to prepare, defrost, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake shells uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until shells are bubbling hot and cheese is melted.