I love biscuits! You can make them savory with garlic, cheese and other spices, sweet with Cinnamon sugar etc., or “original”. This is one of the best recipes that I have tried so far. This is my daughter’s recipe. The low fat version is the outcome of a conversation that I had with a lady handing out samples at Sam’s (thank you) and of course some trial and error. The low fat version is noted with the original recipe.
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp butter(real – butter) – for low fat otion – 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil or melted butter with 2 tbsp Applesauce
1 cup milk or buttermilk – for low fat option increase milk by 1/4 cup
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
2. Using pastry blender or two knives, cut butter into dry ingredients
3. Add milk and stir until blended and soft dough forms
4. Pat dough out onto floured surface.
5. Using Biscuit Cutter or top of a drinking glass, cut into shapes and place on an un-greased cookie sheet
6. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until tops are a light golden brown
Source: a Jessica and Jennie original