I have this memory from when I was small. My mom was hosting Mother’s Club at our house and she made Cherry Cheese Pie to share. I begged and begged to have a small piece. She told me no. I begged and begged to stay up so I could see all the ladies. She told me no.
I was heart broken.
I was also a bit devious. I went to bed when Mom asked (like an angel, I’m sure!), and then when I knew all her friends were there and she couldn’t get mad at me, I sneaked out of bed, batted my eyes a few times, and got some pie!
And we wonder where OUR kids get it. Yikes.
I hope you enjoy this dessert as much as I do. It’s so simple, the only thing I question is why I don’t make it more often!
1 sleeve Graham Crackers
1/3 C white sugar
6 Tbsp Butter, melted
1. Put the graham crackers in a zip-lock bag and close it, making sure it’s air-tight. If it’s not air-tight, keep your broom handy!
2. Using a rolling pin, your feet, or your car’s tires, (OK, I may be kidding on the last two), crush the crackers into tiny crumbs. Dump them into a 9″ Pie Plate.
3. Add the sugar to the crumbs and mix it well with a fork.
4. Add the butter and mix until all the crumbs are well coated and moist.
5. Press the mixture to the sides and bottom of the pie plate. Set aside.
1 (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
1 (14 oz) can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 C Lemon Juice
1 tsp Vanilla
Pie filling of your choice (We like cherry or blueberry. And, sinners that we are, we use the canned kind.)
1. Beat the cream cheese until it’s light and fluffy–about 3 minutes or so.
2. Add the sweetened condensed milk–don’t forget to steal a taste or two!–and mix well.
3. Add the Lemon Juice and Vanilla.
4. Pour into the pie crust.
5. Chill 2 – 3 hours.
Serve topped with pie filling.
Source: Mama Karri