These things are so delicious, they’re DEADLY.
1.5 C (3 sticks) Butter
1.5 C White Sugar
1.5 C Brown Sugar
1.5 C Peanut Butter
(you’re already seeing the DEADLY part, aren’t you?!)
1.5 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Vanilla
3 C Flour
3 C Rolled Oats (we use instant)
1 bag chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together butter, sugars, peanut butter, and eggs.
3. Add Soda, salt, and vanilla.
4. Alternate adding flour and the rolled oats by the full 1 cup.
5. Spread in a Jelly Roll Pan and bake for 15 mins.
6. When you remove the bars from the oven, immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. Let them sit until they get wet looking and are melty to the touch. (That’s a technical term: Melty.) Then, spread the chocolate over the entire surface of the bars.
7. While this is cooling, make your frosting:
2 C Powdered Sugar
3 Tbsp Peanut Butter
4-8 Tbsp Evaporated Milk
1 drop Vanilla
8. Spread the frosting over the chocolate. You can do it carefully so all you see is the frosting, or you can marble them together. (This is a source of conflict between Mr. Blue Eyes and myself. I like it marbled. It’s pretty that way.) Either way these are FABULOUS and DEADLY!!
Source: My FABULOUS sister-in-law, Debbi