4c shredded hashbrowns, thawed and squeezed dry with paper towels
5T butter, melted
1/2 lb Jimmy Dean (regular) bulk ground sausage, crumbled and cooked
1/2 c diced green pepper
1T dried onion
1 c (or more) shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp pepper
Salt to taste (I will omit the salt if I use bacon instead of sausage)
- Preheat oven to 425* for baking the crust (you’ll change it for the quiche)
- Make sure as much of the moisture as possible is soaked out of the hashbrowns to make a nice crispy crust.
- Press the hashbrowns into the bottom of a 9×13 pan and drizzle with melted butter and bake at 425* for 25 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. Mix the meat, peppers, cheese and onions in one bowl. Mix the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- When the hashbrown crust is done baking, change the oven temperature to 350*.
- Pour the meat mixture into the pan and spread evenly over the crust. Then pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
*We like to serve ours with a side of salsa…but we’re big fans of salsa… =)