Not that I’m a huge fan of Magic Shell, but I have to admit the coolness of instant-hardening chocolate sauce is pretty hard to resist. The kids think this is pretty awesome. And truth be told, so do I.
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Place coconut oil and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and cook on HI for 1 minute. Allow the bowl to set for just a minute or two so the hot oil can melt the chips. Stir well with a whisk.
2. Pour sauce over ice cream servings!
- Coconut oil is a solid at room temperature so look for a jar of it, not a bottle. The brand I bought is Spectrum.
- Store your leftover sauce in something that you can microwave later. It helps to have a bottle that is microwave safe so you can pour easily, but you don’t have to. We just spooned it on.
- Store in the fridge. To use, reheat in microwave at 30 second intervals until it’s liquid again.