I would eat these fries for breakfast, lunch and dinner if it was allowed. This is one of my all-time favorite foods! Don’t get confused and buy yams. Though tasty, yams will get too mushy when cooked.
2 large sweet potatoes makes about 4 servings.
1. Wash the sweet potatoes, and preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Using a very sharp chopping knife, julienne the potatoes into thin fries. Try to make them as uniform in thickness as you can, it will help with baking them evenly.
3. Place the fries in a microwave-safe bowl and submerge them in water. Cook for 5 minutes in the microwave. This will soften the potatoes up just a bit and speed up cooking time.
4. Dry the fries off on a paper towel and then place them on a baking sheet.
5. Drizzle the fries with vegetable or olive oil, and stir to coat evenly.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
OR for a sweeter version sprinkle with a cinnamon and brown sugar mix.
7. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes.
Source: My own trial and error.