This recipe comes from the gd kitchen. A while back my sister-in-law’s sister blogged about the website and showcased some amazing looking casseroles. From the pictures alone, I was hooked (I love me some step-by-step pictures!). The recipes are easy to follow and taste delicious. I served this pesto bake with a veggie salad and crusty bread. Mmmmmmm 🙂
1 pound of small pasta (I used radiatore pasta)
1 cup basil pesto (I can’t remember what brand I used. I purchased it at Sam’s club)
7.5 ounces of ricotta cheese
24 ounces marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
1 to 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
3. Add pesto.
4. Add ricotta cheese.
5. Pour pasta into 9×13 baking dish.
6. Spread marinara sauce over top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
* The pesto flavor was surprisingly mild. I think I might add more next time!
* This recipe can easily be doubled and freezes well.
Source: the gd kitchen