One thing I love about the holiday season is the yummy food that accompanies it. One appetizer that I love during this season are cheese balls! I saw this idea to make your cheese balls look like pinecones and put my little spin on it. It’s so pretty, festive, and yummy!
-2 pkg. cream cheese (I use one full fat and one light, you’ll need some fat to it so it’ll hold its shape)
– 2 1/2 C. freshly shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
– About 2 cups sliced almonds
– Rosemary springs (or you could use evergreen needles) for garnish
1. Start off by toasting your almonds on the stove with a little bit of butter. When fully toasted, spread on a paper towel and allow to cool.
2. Mix together cream cheese until nice and smooth. Add Cheddar cheese and the ranch dressing mix. Mix until well blended.
3. On wax paper shape your two pine cones. Transfer them to your serving dish.
4. Take your almonds and stick them into the cheese ball giving the effect of a pine cone.
5. Cool in your refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
Hope y’all enjoy it as much as we did!
That is the most beautiful cheese ball I have ever seen!
I love this Julie! I can't wait to make this!