This is a really versatile recipe (see notes below). It makes a great lunch and is super easy to make.
1 package Pillsbury French Loaf (or store brand if you are lucky enough to have it)
1 package pepperoni slices
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Open up the dough package. Find the seam and unroll the dough carefully onto a greased cookie sheet.
2. Cover the dough with pepperoni slices to within 1/2″ of edges (use as much as you like). Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Roll dough back up and center the loaf on the cookie sheet, seam side down. Pinch ends and tuck under slightly to seal ends. Make a few shallow cuts along the top with a serrated knife.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes and slice. Serve with marinara, pizza, or spaghetti sauce.
- I like to use the extra large pepperoni slices for this. Makes it easier to roll up the dough because those slices are usually thinner.
- Variations with other deli meats: roast beef with cheddar, turkey with provolone, ham with swiss.
- Serve the deli versions with mustard, dressing, or other condiments for dipping.