This recipe went from being my favorite gooey-centered banana bread to my favorite moist, evenly-cooked snack cake. And it’s sweet enough to eat without frosting!
1/2 c Butter, melted
1 c white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c yogurt (I’ve used vanilla, strawberry/banana, strawberry and plain) or sour cream
5 over ripe bananas (2 chunked, 3 mashed) You can use less if you need to…it’s a very moist cake.
1/2 c chopped walnuts and or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*, grease a 9×13 pan or 2 round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. (the batter will get thick)
- Finally, fold in the yogurt, bananas, and walnuts. Spread evenly into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 35-40 min or until center is firm set.
- Cool for at least 10 min before removing from pan.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Adapted from allrecipes.com Janet’s Rich Banana Bread