My kids looooooove it when I make these. They are old enough now to make them for themselves (although they still ask me to make the frosting most of the time because it, um, has no recipe–it’s in my head–but they made their own for this batch!).
It’s a favorite for Family Night treat.
They’re really easy to make.
And, hello, FUN! Cookies with a waffle iron? YES!!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Cream together the butter and sugar well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Drop using a medium cookie scoop onto a heated waffle iron sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to keep the cookies from sticking.
- Close waffle iron and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. Carefully lift out with fork and set aside to cool.
- Frost with your favorite frosting.
- No recipe for the frosting, but here's what I do....I start with 1/4 cup of soft butter and cream it with some unsweetened cocoa (maybe 1/3 cup?), a teaspoon of vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Then I just start adding in powdered sugar. When it's too stiff to stir, I drizzle in a little milk. I keep this up till I get the taste and texture I want!