My first bite of these cookies, warm out of the heaven, was a heavenly experience! You just gotta eat ’em warm. They’re still good once they’ve cooled, but warm? Holy Macaroni!–as my 7-year old would say. 🙂
To learn more about how you can get Thrive ingredients in YOUR kitchen, visit my website.
|(This pic was submitted by me to the Thrive Life recipe site and is labelled with my Thrive Life website url.)|
6 tbsp. butter
3/4 c. THRIVE Powdered Sugar
5 tbsp. THRIVE Honey Crystals
1 tbsp. water
1 c. almonds or walnuts, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 c. butter, softened
2 tbsp. water
3 1/3 c. THRIVE Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
1. In a small saucepan, melt the 6 T. of butter over low heat. Stir in the powdered sugar, honey crystals, and 1 T. of water.
2. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and add nuts and cinnamon. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
4. In a mixer, cream the 1 cup of butter for a few minutes until smooth and fluffy. Add in 2 T. water and egg and mix well, scraping down sides part way through.
5. Add in the sugar cookie mix. Mix well, until dough begins to clean the sides of the bowl.
6. Using a 1.25″-diameter cookie scoop, place cookie dough on cookie sheet leaving 2″ spacing around each cookie.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Remove cookie sheet from oven and top each cookie with 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon of the nut mixture.
9. Return cookies to oven and bake for 3 minutes.
10. Allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
To use this recipe without Thrive cookie mix, substitute your own cookie recipe, mix, or dough for the last four ingredients. To use without Thrive honey crystals, use 4-5 tablespoons of honey.