One of the great things about moving around a lot is that you get to collect awesome recipes from new friends across the country. Our 6 1/2 year stint in El Paso, Texas brought me some amazing recipes, collected from many bridal/baby showers, church functions and meals with friends. This punch recipe was from a baby shower (I think) at my friend Connie’s house. I could not stop drinking it and finally asked her for the recipe. There is not an easier recipe on the planet, let me tell you. And I have served this punch at many functions–like both of my daughters’ wedding receptions!
- 1 carton (half gallon) Welch's Guava Juice (Guava Pineapple also works), chilled
- 2 liter bottle of Sierra Mist (really, that little taste of grapefruit makes a difference), chilled
- Pour the guava juice into a punch bowl.
- Add Sierra Mist to taste, but it is usually the whole bottle.
- Add crushed ice (if you have a Sonic Restaurant nearby, go get a bag of that ice!)
- One cool thing I did for the wedding receptions was to get extra Guava juice and pour into molds and freeze them. They make great "ice rings" and keep the punch cold. Do this in place of the crushed ice. I put the frozen punch in individual gallon or quart size zip top bags and store in freezer until needed.