You can pick up the best recipes at baby & bridal showers, don’t you think? That’s where I got this yummy, fresh recipe from my friend Kim, who used to work for a caterer. Just sayin’.
I just recently made this for a Cinco de Mayo-themed church dinner because it LOOKS like a tres leches cake. Do not be fooled into thinking it will be oozing with all those milks in it, but it is still very good.
My favorite topping is a combination of fresh strawberries, mango and kiwi. I tried to use mango on this one, but it was just way too ripe. I guess I could have put shredded mango on there…nah. The blueberries were a nice substitute.
And please don’t use canned frosting. Ew.
- 1 white cake mix
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese @ room temperature
- 8 oz. (1 cup) of powdered sugar
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- Fresh fruit for topping--suggested: mango, strawberries, kiwi
- Make cake according to directions on the box. Don't over bake! Cool completely.
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and Cool Whip until well blended, then spread on cake.
- I have always made this in a glass 9 x 13 pan. But wouldn't it look cool as a naked layer cake with the frosting in between layers and on top and then the fruit? Yeah, I think so.