I thought I would bring back one of my favorite bean recipes because it has turned cold this week and this sounds like something I might want to eat for supper soon. Also, we got to meet our friend Tim for lunch recently and he gave us the recipe. He flew in for a job interview and it was great to catch up!
Make a double batch–there were no leftovers at my house! Loved by young and old alike, this will be a hit at your next covered dish supper or BBQ.
Originally published February 25, 2016.
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cut in small pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can green butter beans (I think it's probably Lima beans, so that is what I used)
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pork & beans, undrained
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/2 T. dry mustard
- 2 T. molasses
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- In a dutch oven, brown the hamburger, bacon , and onion together. Do not drain.
- Add all the beans and stir together.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and then add to the bean/meat mixture. Stir to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- This can be cooked in a covered dutch oven over hot coals for about an hour and would be great on a camping trip.