So how many great recipes have you gotten off of a food package? Yeah, me too! This one came in really handy. I had to come up with a meal on the fly while in the meat section of Walmart. I decided to get small red potatoes because they would cook fast and I did not have a lot of time after work to put this meal together. As I was preparing to boil the potatoes–and I hate waiting for the water to boil–I saw this recipe on the bag and thought that roasting would be so much quicker. And there you go–a tasty side dish that was not a lot of work.
1.5 lbs. baby red potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 t. freshly ground black pepper
8 cloves garlic, chopped (I just used whatever minced garlic I had in the fridge. I need to buy some more)
6 sprigs fresh thyme, or you can use dried thyme.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in baking dish and mix well.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and browned.
- Stir gently a couple of times during cooking time.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.