2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
5 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (strip the needles from the stem before chopping)
2 1/2 tablespoons coarse-grain or Dijon mustard
Coarsely ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds baby red, fingerling, or other very small potatoes (as small as possible), washed
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
2. While the water is heating, combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, mustard, and some black pepper. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
4. When the water is boiling, add the potatoes and boil for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain, return the potatoes to the pan, and toss with the mustard mixture.
5. Spread the potatoes out evenly over the baking sheet and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until the skins begin to brown and sizzle.
Sara and Kate suggest placing the potatoes on a platter and scraping the bits off the foil and sprinkling them over the potatoes. You can then garnish with a few sprigs of rosemary.
Do Ahead Tip: After spreading the potatoes on the baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 8 hours. When ready to cook, sprinkle the potatoes with kosher salt and roast 15-20 minutes.
Source: Our Best Bites