Every time I make Snicker Doodles, I always wonder why I don’t make them more often. They don’t take long and they are super tasty! Cooked right, these have that perfect crunchiness around the outside edge with a soft middle. Mm-MMM!
1 C Shortening
1.5 C White Sugar
2 3/4 C All-purpose White Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/2 tsp Salt
3 Tbsp White Sugar
2.5 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a Medium bowl, cream together the Shortening, Sugar (1.5 Cups), and Eggs. I have a superstition about beating the sugar/egg/shortening mixture for five minutes until it’s good and fluffy. I do this with all cookies (or try to) and have no idea it it does anything special, but I like to think it does.
3. In a Small bowl, sift together the Flour, Soda, Tartar, and Salt (or not. Sometimes I add them separately.). Gradually add the dry mixture into the Sugar mixture until nice and incorporated.
4. In a cereal bowl, mix together the Tbsp Sugar and tsp Cinnamon.
5. Taking a heaping teaspoon full, roll the dough into a little ball and then roll it around in the cinnamon until the entire ball is coated.
6. Place on an unprepared cookie sheet two inches apart.
7. Bake for 7 – 10 minutes. I do mine for 7 minutes and they’re perfect! Cool on a wire rack.
8. Share them. Or DEVOUR them. Whichever you prefer.
Source: LKUEHL, on All Recipes.com, a little personal variation added