I was really craving something quick and healthy to eat on Sunday evening–and something that I could just create from what I had on hand. Fortunately, I had some cut up rotisserie chicken left over from making chopped salad
(heaven in a bowl) and several veggies in the fridge that desperately needed to be used before they were unrecognizable. You know what I’m talking about–those things you buy at the store when you think you are finally going to cook at home and fix all healthy dishes and then life happens, other agendas take over, and there is not time to do anything but go out to eat. Happens too often at my house, although I do enjoy eating out. Alas, sometimes even that
gets old. Anyway, here is what I came up with. I am adding this to my recently-started list of definite menu winners. I have just got to get organized with a 2 week list of “we will definitely eat this and love it” so that we CAN
eat at home more often.
1 cup cooked or grilled chicken, cut in bite-size chunks
1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 2 or 3 inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut up
Carrots (mine were already julienned)
Snow peas, cut in half
Red onion, about 1/8 cup, chopped coarsely
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt to taste
All-purpose seasoning, to taste
1-2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add all ingredients and stir fry until veggies are just tender and chicken is heated through.
2. Serve with rice.
Makes 2-3 servings.
Sunday Night Stir Fry
- 1 cup cooked or grilled chicken, cut in bite-size chunks
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 2 or 3 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut up
- Carrots (mine were already julienned)
- Snow peas, cut in half
- Red onion, about 1/8 cup, chopped coarsely
- Sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt to taste
- All-purpose seasoning, to taste
- 1-2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add all ingredients and stir fry until veggies are just tender and chicken is heated through.
- Serve with rice.
- Makes 2-3 servings.
Mormon Mavens https://www.mormonmavens.com/