2 tsp Olive Oil
12 Chicken tenderloins cut in thirds or 3 chicken breasts cut into 8 pieces each
1 green pepper “chunked”
1 medium onion chopped
1 cup water
1 cup ketchup
1 1/2 – 2 cups sugar
2 cloves fresh garlic or 1 tbsp garlic powder
1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks with juice
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp powdered ginger (optional)
1/3 cup cornstarch dissolved in 3/4 cup water
5 cups (or enough for your family) cooked rice – brown or white
1. Slightly warm Olive Oil in large skillet.
2. Place chicken in pan and lightly brown on each side without cooking all the way through.
3. When turning chicken over to brown on the other side add the peppers and onions.
4. Remove from heat before chicken cooks through.
5. In Stockpot or large sauce pan combine water, ketchup, sugar, garlic, pineapple, Soy Sauce, and ginger. Stir until well blended.
6. Cook until mixture starts to boil, add chicken and veggies
7. Bring back to a boil. Stir in cornstarch and water mixture. Mix well to avoid lumps
8. Cook at a low boil for 15-20 minutes. Sauce will be slightly thick and bubbly.
9. Serve over rice
Source: A Jennie original