Yes. Another Taco Soup recipe, but this one is a family favorite. I used to make it all the time and I have missed it.
Just yesterday I realized that this would be perfect for dinner since our cute sister missionaries were joining us! So excited to look it up in our Brew Family Cookbook–this is my go-to for meal planning.
And guess what? This is one of the recipes that Julie submitted for the cookbook! I don’t think she will mind, do you?
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups water
- 2 (14-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 (16-oz.) can kidney beans, un-drained
- 1 (16-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix or 1/4 cup from bulk mix
- In large pot, cook ground beef and onions until browned. Drain off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer soup, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Top with grated cheese, corn chips, or sour cream.