Our Church holds two conferences annually to our worldwide membership and this year I was actually able to attend the Saturday afternoon session in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. While in Salt Lake I was able to take a really cool picture of the spires of the Salt Lake LDS Temple. As I was preparing a spiritual thought for today, I just really wanted to share the photo I took and also a few thoughts from other conferences that I have watched and taken notes from. Hope you gain something from what I share today:
- It is not the work of the Lord that is frustrated, but the work of man.
- In spite of conditions in the world today, we live in a consecrated time.
- Your calling isn’t about what you’ve done, but what the Lord can do through you.
- Simplify your approach to discipleship–start where you are.
- No matter where we are, we are the Lord’s agents. We are always on His errand.
- We are not aware of what the Savior’s sacrifice has done for us.
- It’s not the trial, it’s the load. Bearing it is necessary on our path to eternal life. Don’t expect to carry it alone.
- Keeping covenants empowers us–stay firmly on the path.
- We were tutored in the pre-existence and were given trials and challenges unique to us.
- Learn to recognize the power of the Atonement in your life.
- The Lord sees weaknesses differently than he does rebellion.
Okay, that’s it for now. Time to get ready for church. Happy Sunday!