This recipe was shared on Facebook with no title, so I gave it one. Oh goodness. Here is a quote from the original post: “This SPINACH-based salad will boost the thyroid gland’s output of metabolism-reviving hormones!”
I also added grilled chicken to this. Makes a great main dish salad that way.
Source: Tammy Elmore, Facebook, 1/5/16.
Yummy Healthy Spinach Salad
Write a review
For the salad
- 5 oz. fresh spinach (half a 10-oz. bag)
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 15-oz. can mandarin oranges (or fresh Cuties/Halos, or 1 cup pomegranate seeds. I used the mandarins.)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pecans–I toasted mine in butter and a little sea salt
- Optional: Feta cheese & orecchiette pasta (did you know that means little ears?)
For the dressing
- 4 T. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. white wine vinegar
- 2-4 t. white sugar (or honey or Stevia to taste)–I used 3 t. sugar
- 1/8 t. each of paprika, onion powder
- 1 T. poppy seeds
- Just throw it all together and enjoy!
- I made the dressing separately, so that I could adjust the amount I poured on the salad, if needed.I also added grilled chicken to this. Makes a great main dish salad that way.
Mormon Mavens http://www.mormonmavens.com/