Berry Honey highlights the versatility of a pantry basic that’s the “bees knees.” How many things can you think of that pair well with berries and honey?
This recipe is a versatile little sauce that can be drizzled over ice cream–I think vanilla would be awesome–pancakes, waffles, fresh fruit. We used it in place of maple syrup over Honey-Lemon Cottage Cheese Pancakes.
Ooh…put it on toast!
Quick prep and readily available ingredients make this Berry Honey a great addition to your pantry.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, raspberries or blackberries
- 1 cup honey, mild
- Blend berries until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a medium bowl and discard seeds.
- Let puree stand 10 minutes and skim off any foam.
- Whisk the honey into the puree. Transfer to a jar with a lid.
- Keeps in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.