Well September is National Breakfast Month and on the 26th it’s National Pancake Day so we are sharing a re-make of this recipe that was originally shared by Niki, a former Maven. This baby got almost 500,000 views! And lots of great comments.
If your family is prone to milk allergies, this is a perfect option when they are asking for pancakes for breakfast. Just remember to go for the oil option rather than butter or margarine.
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 T. oil, butter, or margarine
- 1/2 t. salt
- 4 t. baking powder
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1 T. Cream of Coconut (opt. I just added it for kicks)
- In a large bowl, mix water and eggs. If using butter/margarine let it cool slightly so it doesn’t cook your eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients, then add to the wet ingredients and stir until combined but do not over mix. Pancake batter should be lumpy.
- Using a 1/4 c. measure, drop batter on a hot griddle or skillet. You can use a little coconut oil to grease the griddle,. Cook until bubbles appear and edges look dry. Flip and cook the other side until golden.