Pastry for 1-crust 9 inch pie (see this RECIPE )
4 cups sliced firm ripe tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp. salt (okay, I typed this up before I actually made the pie–too much salt. Tweak it.)
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4-1/2 tsp. dried leaf basil
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (I used the grated)
1 large clove garlic, smashed and minced
1. Line pie plate with pastry. Flute the edges. Brush shell with evaporated milk.
2. Bake shell at 450 degrees for 5 minutes .
3. Fill the baked shell with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil.
4. Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan, and garlic; spread over the layered tomatoes.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until tomatoes are cooked and pie is golden.