Be sure to make these yummy pancakes for National Pancake Day on September 26th! We have given you a week heads-up so you can go get your cottage cheese.
There are so many pancake recipes out there; which is a good thing because who doesn’t love pancakes? How many times do you think I can say “pancakes” in this post?
I made these with a garnish of fresh strawberries and Berry Honey in place of maple syrup.
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 16-oz. carton cottage cheese (we used 4% milk fat)
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- butter, maple syrup and/or berries of your choice
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs then add cottage cheese, honey, butter, vanilla and zest. Stir to combine until just moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Pour about 1/4 c. batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes, then flip carefully when top is bubbly and edges are slightly dry. Cook another 2 minutes.