Shut the front door! Slap yo’ Mama! Have mercy! Best danged iced brownies I have EVER sunk my teeth into (and I don’t like my brownies with icing). I am so dang serious. This recipe came from Saltbox House via Facebook or Pinterest. I don’t know. Last week was a busy blur, so I have no clue. I made a double batch (baker’s half sheet pan worked great) right from the get-go because family was coming to grill out and Mike also needed something for a Relay for Life bake sale at work. This will be my brownie recipe of choice from now on, and my family will expect nothing less. Are you ready for this?
For the batter—
1 cup butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
4 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
For the icing–(make this while the brownies are baking)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
dash of salt
1 tsp. vanilla (I added this ingredient. Just thought it tasted better.)
1. Melt the butter in the microwave and put into mixing bowl.
2. Add cocoa and mix until smooth.
3. Add flour and sugar. Beat together and then add eggs, vanilla, and nuts, if desired. Mix until combined. Do not over stir.
4. Spread evenly into greased and floured 9 x 13 baking pan (I used baking spray with flour and it worked fine).
5. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 F or until done. Check at about 20 minutes. Toothpick inserted into center should come out clean.
6. Remove brownies from oven and wait only about 10 minutes to frost them. You want to frost while they are warm, not hot.
Results: fudgy, cakey deliciousness!!
Source: Bonneville Junior High School Brownies via Saltbox House (see link above)