2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1 1/2 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
1 cup white sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat convection oven to 330 degrees.
2. Mix first 6 ingredients together.
3. Add next 5 ingredients and mix well.
4. Next add the oats and chocolate chips, one cup at a time, and mix.
5. Drop by spoonful (or scoop) onto a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Take out when slightly brown on edges but still a little doughy in the middle. Let cool on wire rack.
Source: Saren Eyre Loosli, used with permission.