Who doesn’t like pancakes? And what if you add apples, brown sugar, and butter? Exactly. I needed a quick breakfast because I had just finished a phone meeting with my new Power of Moms content editor–training her on how I publish the articles for the site–and I was hungry. Checked the fridge and saw two leftover pancakes and some cut up apples I had left over from a pie I had made. Hmmm, I thought, those could be good together. So I grabbed those, along with some butter and brown sugar.
- Pancakes (use a recipe of your choice)
- Cut up Fuji and Granny Smith apples
- Brown Sugar
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add brown sugar and apples and stir to combine.
- If using leftover pancakes for a single serving, add the pancakes and heat them up along with the topping.
- There are many plain pancake recipes out there. This should work well with any of them. Check out some of our recipes here on the blog.