This is one of my favorite fall flavors! Pumpkin with all of the spices. It’s pretty much pumpkin pie that you can spread on toast or pancakes and stir into your oatmeal. This is for a large batch that will fill about 15 freezer jam jars (which is the recommended jarring method). Check out THIS link for more info.
2- 29oz cans pumpkin puree
4 c apple juice or cider
3 c white sugar
4tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cloves
1tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan. Stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Keep stirring. Constantly. Or it will bubble and spit pumpkin at you!
- Lower heat and simmer (while stirring) for about 30 min or until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to freezer jam jars. Then cool another 10-20 minutes before you put the lids on.
- Refrigerate or freeze. Tie a cute ribbon or something crafty to it and give it as a gift!