Don’t you just love Our Best Bites ? I followed them for several years and then stopped and now I am ready to follow again–I have missed those girls. A few years back I printed off this recipe so that I could substitute some THRIVE freeze-dried fruit and thereby find even more ways to use this great stuff! So here you go–and just so you know, the original recipe is a different color. It all depends on how you use your fruit. It’s delicious either way. Be sure and try this on those Banana Bread Paleo Muffins from last week’s post! Pretty tasty.
- 1 c. real butter, at room temperature
- 3 T. honey
- 2 T powdered sugar
- 1 or 2 drops of Wild Orange Essential oil *
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. freeze-dried berries (I used strawberries/blueberries/raspberries)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and whip until creamy and lovely.
- Serve at room temperature on just about any kind of sweet bread, muffin, etc.
- * A story--so I whipped up my berry butter and tasted it and thought "Okay, that's pretty good." Then I was looking over my recipe and realized I had left out the orange zest--and my oranges were sitting right over there on my kitchen island! I had already put my processor in the sink, so I got out my Wild Orange Essential Oil and added a couple of drops to the spread and stirred it up really well. Oh my goodness! That orange really sets this off. DO NOT FORGET TO DO IT!!