You probably think I’m crazy for posting an iced beverage recipe when, in most places, it is CLEARLY an Autumn day. But here in the south, Summer is still trying to hold on. Heck, it was 84 degrees here at 7:00 last night. I found this recipe online while searching for soft drink substitutes. Seriously, Coke is my drink of choice right now and I know that is not healthy. Working on it. It’s a process.
Anyway, this is my 2nd or 3rd attempt at finding something that actually tastes good and, face it, herbal tea can take some getting used to, especially if you are used to soft drinks and all that sugar–because I will NOT drink diet soda. Don’t even get me started on that one.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. It’s really simple and cheap in case you don’t end up liking the combination of teas that you use. I couldn’t find the Red Zinger at the 2 grocery stores I went to, so I substituted a Zinger that was red, but probably wasn’t the intended flavor in the original recipe. It’s still good though! I know it will grow on me. Try this recipe after an invigorating leaf-raking session!
- 4 Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger tea bags
- 4 Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger tea bags (Red Zinger was the original flavor)
- 4 cups pure apple juice
- Steep the 8 tea bags in 4 cups of boiling water for 10-12 minutes.
- Discard tea bags; combine the tea with the apple juice.
- Refrigerate until cold. Serve over ice
- I think serving this in a pint--or quart if you're really thirsty-mason jar is awesome. Something about those jars just really makes a cold drink even more refreshing!
- I found (big surprise) that I needed to add a little sweetener to this recipe, so I just used some Agave nectar. Experiment with your favorite one.