It was one of those nights when I needed a really quick meal because it had been a busy day of Body Pump, Yoga, a couple of errands–one out of town–finishing up the mowing, paying bills, updating files… Oh sorry. I guess you didn’t need all those details, but you get my point.
I just wanted to relax and not have to go out to eat (yes I really said that) or spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
Have you tried any of the Delimex Taquitos? They used to be a good back-up entree back when the girls were little, before we were all freaking out about processed foods, and when we lived in a predominantly Hispanic city and anything Mexican was where we went.
Usually I just put these guys in a baking dish, sprinkle grated Mexican cheese blend on them and top them with green enchilada sauce. Pop them in the oven for 14 minutes and there you go.
Today I just wanted them a little crunchier so I actually followed the directions on the box and laid them out on a cookie sheet NAKED (the taquitos not the cook!) and baked them. Well of course I would need some kind of sauce or dip, so I whipped up (literally in like 4 or 5 minutes) a small batch of Thrive Refried Beans, added sour cream, the shredded Mexican blend cheese and some spicy, tasty salsa.
- 1 3/4 c. Thrive Instant Refried Beans
- 1 c. water (I added about 2 T. to thin them out a little)
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/3 c. shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 2-3 T. Herdez Guacamole Salsa
- salt to taste
- Whisk water into beans in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add sour cream, cheese, and salsa and stir to combine.
- You're done!
- Serve with taquitos or tostadas, whatever your little heart desires.