Ever have one of those weeks where you feel like you just can’t breathe, but you know you have to get certain things done come heck-or-high water? This week. Yep. Pretty much. For today’s post I thumbed through my magazine clippings for a quick and easy recipe to share with you and found one that I have been wanting to try for quite a while. How do you feel about polenta? I have had some yummy versions over the past couple of years and found this recipe in our local paper supplement. Hope you enjoy it!
- 4 cups water
- 1 t. coarse salt (I used sea salt on hand)
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese or cream cheese (where in my store is the mascarpone? I used Neufschatel)
- Chopped parsley
- Bring water to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Add salt.
- Whisk in the polenta in a steady stream until well combined.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese. Top with parsley.
- Okay, so this doesn't look so creamy. Apparently I thought that the tube of polenta was the instant. LOL! There is obviously another version of polenta that I did not see, and the Walmart guy and I searched everywhere! But this was still good. See how we learn as we go?