Yes, I toasted my pecans in the dang microwave. Does that sound like cheating? Perhaps, but if time is an issue, this is a great alternative to the standard oven procedure. Here it is, in a nutshell.
4 cups pecans, shelled
1/4 cup butter
1. Place the pecans in a microwave-proof pie plate. Add the butter, then salt to taste.
2. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then stir to distribute the butter.
3. Microwave on high for another 3 minutes. You can certainly check on the pecans and make sure they are not getting too done.
4. Taste immediately, or wait until they have cooled a little. These suckers are yum!
5. Coarsely chop or not. Add to whatever recipe needs them.