2 cups assorted berries (I used strawberries and blueberries)*
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
3 oz. cream cheese
1 cup Half-and-Half
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1. Place berries and 3 tablespoons powdered sugar in a blender or food processor and roughly puree. Add more sugar, if needed. You should end up with about 1 cup of berry puree–smooth or chunky. Whatever you want.
2. Transfer puree to a bowl or measuring cup with a pour spout and set aside. Wash out food processor and place the cream cheese, half-and-half, vanilla, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar inside. Puree until smooth–not going to show a picture but it is white and liquid.
3. Fill popsicle molds, alternating berry mixture and cream cheese mixture. You can swirl it with a popsicle stick or leave in layers. Freeze until slightly firm if you are adding your own popsicle stick. My form came with stick/lids so I just put mine in at the get-go and froze them completely.
4. To remove from molds, carefully run warm water around the outside of molds until popsicles are loosened. Store in an airtight container or zip-top bag in the freezer.
* Next time I make these I am going to try some of my freeze-dried fruit and see how that turns out. Sounds like a good way to use that fruit from my food storage and it is a healthy snack–pretty much.
Source: Savoring the Seasons with Our Best Bites, p. 124.
Thanks.I used PicMonkey. These pops are rockin' by the way. My son-in-law wants them on his birthday.
Love your pop pic! Message me how to do it!