I am all about quick and easy and this recipe is, as well. I used one of our Thrive Life Express Meals–Wild Rice Pilaf–and added chicken to give it a little protein boost. So delicious, so easy, so quick, so also goes well in a flour tortilla. You could use your own pilaf recipe or boxed rice pilaf and leftover chopped chicken. I tend to go to my Thrive Foods because I like to find ways to incorporate these items from my Home Store on a regular basis. Either way, this is yummy and your family will enjoy it, especially if it keeps your kitchen time down during a laid back or busy summer. Well, any season for that matter.
- 1 pkg. Thrive Life Wild Rice Pilaf Express Meal (or your choice of pilaf)
- 1 - 2 cups Thrive Chopped Chicken, rehydrated
- Mix contents of package with 2 1/2 cups boiling water.
- Add 2 T. butter to the rice. Simmer for 5 minutes, covered.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then add the chicken. Stir to mix well.